Me :)

Me :)

Thursday 19 March 2015

For the love of February

For the love of February



Some of what I got up to this February...


Campus Realignment      
I’ve been to further campus realignment groups. We’re still pushing for equal or better especially in relation to the SU provision in City campus and are feeding back student issues as they arise.


Partner Colleges
I’ve been working with Merthyr College in setting up their own SU and am currently in contact with NUS FE officer in relation to working with our other strategic groups to better the student voice in those colleges.


Welfare and Academic Advice
I’ve had a number of cases relating to academic issues and infringements. I’ve been offering these
students advice and guidance in relation to their individual cases. (5 in total this month)


Queree Conference & AGM
We held our first ever Queree conference which seemed to go well. We’re currently planning for the next one which will be followed by the SLTA awards. It was disappointing to see our AGM unquorate and i will be working over my last few months on a plan to ensure quoracy next year.


Handover
I’ve been preparing handover for the person who will take over from me as President and have also been putting together a pack for the new Student Activities Officer. 


QAA
I’ve been getting ready for the QAA review, attending meetings with QAA staff and University staff in relation to the Union and University reports. I’m currently working on the schedule for the visit. I’ve also just been on a training conference for this in Warwick.


Auschwitz
I have been selected by the Union of Jewish Students to visit Auschwitz in March to learn about the holocausts relevance today and will undergo training on how to campaign for issues that surround our Jewish students today.


Honorary Membership
I’ve been testing out the machinery to see if we can print University of South Wales Students’ Union Honorary and Life membership cards as oppose to pocket folders. I’ve ran some testers on some blank cards which haven’t seemed to work. We’re now looking at other options.


Elections
I’ve been around our 5 campuses promoting the Students’ Union elections. All nominations are now in and I will be working with the Democracy Coordinator to increase voter turn out and ensure the process runs smoothly.


LGBT History Month
We ran a number of events with our LGBT society for LGBT history month including a nightclub event called #showyourcolours. It was nice to see everyone come together and get involved over the months activities.


Student Rep Re-structure
I’ve been working with the DVC for academic affairs to re-structure the academic representation system. A proposal has gone to the Learning and Teaching Enhancement committee, which if passed would see the Student Voice Representative scheme handed over to the students’ union.


SU Review
I’ve been pushing for developments with the SU review. We have already completed our democratic restructure and I am pushing in meetings for developments with our Sports restructure and financial restructure.



No comments:

Post a Comment